MCR Operator -
UNIT’s MCR is the primary delivery and support department for the building. (VFX Edit, audio assist and grade will handle specialist deliveries, but the MCR is always on standby to help in times of heavy workload). That is as broad as it sounds and you will be expected to at the very least, to be able to advise or know who to contact in the building, and some of the companies we deal with to obtain any necessary information or assistance.
The Primary role over everything else -
- Work as a team
- Ensure that any final delivery is correct and only delivered to the appropriate people
- Keeping the masters log or other log form up to date as necessary
- Working with all departments to quickly and efficiently fix any perceived errors
- Keep the producer informed
- Ensure workflows are kept up to date, that you know them and that changes are communicated around the team
The Secondary role is one of support -
- Download and check any incoming media communicating issues or passing on to the relevant departments
- Creation of files for approval
- Archive and restore projects into the flame
- Restores from the project archives
- Support of the departments around the building as needed and skill allows
- Assist in the drive library
The Third (important) role -
- Is to continue training and where possible work in other departments. (Although these should never get in the way of the above.)
- In this instance we are looking for a person with an interest and desire to develop skills as a Nuke / 2D artist.
- Liaise with the Head of MCR and Head of 2D to organise a plan for training and progression.
Please send your CV to [email protected].
Working closely with the head of 3D, producers, and directly with clients, the successful candidates should demonstrate a high proficiency across a spectrum of 3D disciplines. As a small studio, we would prefer applicants to be comfortable working on as much of a shot as possible, in this case, from the shading/look development, FX and lighting through to providing compositors with a basic pre-comp of their work.
Candidates should be familiar with a range of FX, lookdev, shading and lighting tasks inside Houdini, and occasionally lighting/shading inside of Maya. A thorough understanding of SOPs for geometry creation and DOPs for creating custom smoke/fire, particle, water, rigid and soft body simulations is required, and a basic knowledge of using LOPs for lighting is desirable, but not essential.
The ability to work collaboratively with a team of other artists, and also the ability to creatively problem solve on both shots and sequences is essential.
A minimum of 3 years production experience using Houdini for FX and Lighting.
An excellent understanding of SOPs for creating technical geometric setups that aren't necessarily simulated.
The ability to create highly customisable pyro, particle, water, rigid and soft body simulations in DOPs from scratch.
Demonstrate an ability to execute shots and develop simulations and lighting, through to a basic composite.
An understanding of creating and deploying custom setups (HDAs) for usage by team members.
Experience with Redshift is desirable, as is some experience with LOPs (Solaris/USD), but not necessary.
Strong sense of colour, composition and timing.
Good creative communication skills.
Negotiable, based on experience.
Please reach out to [email protected] with a link to a showreel and a link to a LinkedIn page (or a basic CV).