Reporting to: Head of Production
Company Description -
UNIT is an independently owned, award-winning creative studio. Our vision has been to create a genuinely future focused space that promotes creativity, innovation, and the sharing of ideas. We wanted to build a space where our creatives could excel, whilst also designing an environment in which our clients can feel at home. UNIT Studios is large enough to cater for any project but still dedicated to every client’s individual needs, offering the very best in VFX, CGI, Design, Grade, Offline, Audio, Sound and Print capabilities across Commercials, Broadcast, Film & TV.
Job Description -
We are currently looking for a Post Production Producer to join our Advertising Production team in London. Our Post Producers manage all aspects of a project from liaising on the initial bid, planning and scheduling resources to working with the internal departments to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget and to the very highest quality. They also act as the main point of contact for the client and manage this relationship to ensure we meet or exceed our client's expectations. VFX Experience is advantageous for this role.
Responsibilities include, but not exclusive to -
- Must have 4 years + experience in commercial Post Production.
- Pitching and bidding experience including creating treatments, quotes and bid letters
- Post-Producing multiple projects across multiple clients simultaneously
- Experience scheduling a job
- Direct contact with agency, creatives and clients on each job
- Experience seeing jobs through from bid to delivery
- Organisational and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally and confidently to clients, staff, crew, directors & suppliers
- Assisting clients with technical and deadline management
- Reconciling and reporting of budgets
- Working with both the in-house team and freelancers
- Preferable but not essential knowledge of CETA.
Please send your CV and Linkedin Profile to [email protected]
MCR Operator -
UNIT’s MCR is the primary delivery and support department for the building. (VFX Edit, audio assist and grade will handle specialist deliveries, but the MCR is always on standby to help in times of heavy workload). That is as broad as it sounds and you will be expected to at the very least, to be able to advise or know who to contact in the building, and some of the companies we deal with to obtain any necessary information or assistance.
The Primary role over everything else -
- Work as a team
- Ensure that any final delivery is correct and only delivered to the appropriate people
- Keeping the masters log or other log form up to date as necessary
- Working with all departments to quickly and efficiently fix any perceived errors
- Keep the producer informed
- Ensure workflows are kept up to date, that you know them and that changes are communicated around the team
The Secondary role is one of support -
- Download and check any incoming media communicating issues or passing on to the relevant departments
- Creation of files for approval
- Archive and restore projects into the flame
- Restores from the project archives
- Support of the departments around the building as needed and skill allows
- Assist in the drive library
The Third (important) role -
- Is to continue training and where possible work in other departments. (Although these should never get in the way of the above.)
- In this instance we are looking for a person with an interest and desire to develop skills as a Nuke / 2D artist.
- Liaise with the Head of MCR and Head of 2D to organise a plan for training and progression.
Please send your CV to [email protected].
Working closely with the head of 3D, producers, and directly with clients, the successful candidates should demonstrate a high proficiency across a spectrum of 3D disciplines. As a small studio, we would prefer applicants to be comfortable working on as much of a shot as possible, in this case, from the shading/look development, FX and lighting through to providing compositors with a basic pre-comp of their work.
Candidates should be familiar with a range of FX, lookdev, shading and lighting tasks inside Houdini, and occasionally lighting/shading inside of Maya. A thorough understanding of SOPs for geometry creation and DOPs for creating custom smoke/fire, particle, water, rigid and soft body simulations is required, and a basic knowledge of using LOPs for lighting is desirable, but not essential.
The ability to work collaboratively with a team of other artists, and also the ability to creatively problem solve on both shots and sequences is essential.
A minimum of 3 years production experience using Houdini for FX and Lighting. An excellent understanding of SOPs for creating technical geometric setups that aren't necessarily simulated. The ability to create highly customisable pyro, particle, water, rigid and soft body simulations in DOPs from scratch. Demonstrate an ability to execute shots and develop simulations and lighting, through to a basic composite. An understanding of creating and deploying custom setups (HDAs) for usage by team members. Experience with Redshift is desirable, as is some experience with LOPs (Solaris/USD), but not necessary. Strong sense of colour, composition and timing. Good creative communication skills.
Negotiable, based on experience.
Please reach out to [email protected] with a link to a showreel and a link to a LinkedIn page (or a basic CV).
We are looking for an individual who has a keen interest in post-production, previous experience in a 2D or 3D discipline is advantageous with knowledge of Maya, Houdini, After Effects, Nuke or Cinema 4D.
Reporting to: Head Runner & Facilities Manager
Hours: Full Time - Shift basis
UNIT is an independently owned, award-winning creative studio, our vision has been to create a genuinely future focused space that promotes creativity, innovation and the sharing of ideas. We wanted to build a space where our creatives could excel, whilst also designing an environment in which our clients can feel at home.
UNIT Studios is large enough to cater for any project but still dedicated to every client’s individual needs offering the very best in VFX, CGI, Design, Grade, Offline, Audio, Sound and Print capabilities across Commercials, Broadcast, Film & TV.
The Runner team are responsible for all aspects of client hospitality providing a professional and efficient service at all times. You will be representing the company and must, at all times, be presentable, friendly and polite.
Responsibilities include, but not exclusive to:
Preparing & serving beverages for clients and staff via the company bar/kitchen following Unit policies.
Taking and collecting breakfast, lunch and dinner orders for clients and ensuring that these are dealt with promptly following Unit procedures.
Serving both clients and staff via the company bar following Unit policies.
Where necessary taking staff lunches or dinner orders following the company policy.
Tidying client areas including the bar/kitchen area, suites, reception and bathrooms on a regular basis.
Regular sweeps of the building to ensure it is kept presentable, Inform Head of Facility where maintenance is required.
Remove all general and recyclable rubbish (including cardboard) on a daily basis.
Running drives & documents to other production facilities or client’s offices.
Responsible for holding a daily float issued by accounts ensuring that Unit cashing up procedure is completed at the end of each shift.
Providing cover on reception during receptionist’s breaks and after 6pm, ensuring all requests from the main reception are completed promptly and professionally.
Unit tries hard to promote internally and will seek to do that wherever possible. Roles are given to those with talent and who have a good work ethic.